Last Updated: 27 March 2018
Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data
Astral Aspects is the Data Controller for the purposes of The GDPR and processes all personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. Under Article 6 of The GDPR,
- the primary lawful basis on which Astral Aspects processes personal data is that of "Contract" - whereby processing is necessary in order to fulfill customer orders and enquiries
- the secondary lawful basis on which Astral Aspects processes personal data is that of "Consent" - whereby a customer has given clear opt-in consent for us to send them marketing emails.
Data We Collect: Personally Identifiable Information
Astral Aspects collects personally identifiable information only when it is voluntarily submitted to us via this our on-line shopping website, or via or e-mail or telephone. The data we collect includes: name, billing address, delivery address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of order, items ordered, value of items ordered. We may use this information to improve the content of our web site, notify you of new products and for Astral Aspects own internal financial accounting purposes. We do not sell or rent personally identifiable information to any third party for any purpose.
Data We Collect: Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Astral Aspects collects (through Google Analytics) aggregate or non-personally identifiable information in aggregate form to track data such as the total number of visitors to our web site, the number of visitors visiting each page, the domain names of our visitors' Internet Service Providers (ISPs), and the browsers our visitors use. We use this information, which remains in aggregate form, to understand how our visitors use our web site so that we may improve upon it. No personally identifiable information is collected in this process.
Website visitors who donít want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and install the add-on for your browser. Learn more about the opt-out and how to properly install the browser add-on here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en-GB.
How we use your information
We may use any information you give us about yourself to:
- process and dispatch your order/s
- carry out regulatory checks to meet our legal obligations
- prevent and detect crime
- develop and improve our products
- undertake anonymised statistical analysis (we wonít be able to identify individuals from this data)
- provide you with marketing material, which may be tailored to your individual needs, when we have your permission to do so
- run competitions and promotional activities
- you ask us to reveal the information, or we have your permission to do so
- we are required or permitted to do so by law
- it is required by law enforcement, fraud prevention or credit reference agencies
Keeping you informed
If you have opted-in to our newsletters, we may email you details of offers from Astral Aspects and we use an external mailing company to deliver these emails on our behalf. We don't allow them to use your details for anything else. We don't share your personal information with other companies for their marketing purposes. Email updates from Astral Aspects are a quick and easy way to stay up to date with news about our products and services. If you do not want us to contact you about new products or services supplied or promoted by Astral Aspects, please email us. Or write to Astral Aspects, 9 Elbourn Way, Bassingbourn, Cambridgeshire, UK SG8 5UJ. In addition you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link in all our emails
Data Subject Access Requests
Under The GDPR you are entitled to obtain from Astral Aspects (the Data Controller for the purposes of The GDPR) a copy of the data held concerning you and to have any inaccuracies in the data rectified. We are obliged to provide this data to you within 1 calendar month of the request and free of charge. However we have the right to refuse or charge for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive and repetitive.
Links to Other Web Sites
Astral Aspects on Social Media
Astral Aspects manages a presence on social media networks and their apps and websites to engage with and assist our UK customers. By engaging with us on social media you agree to the following provisions.
We monitor social networks for comments about Astral Aspects and our products and services. We do this for training purposes and to help improve our products and services. Any comments or posts may be used for internal or external publication by Astral Aspects or any organisation working on our behalf.
We try to read all comments made on official Astral Aspects social network accounts. We will consider any themes or helpful suggestions but we donít guarantee that they will be acted upon. We donít guarantee to reply individually to all messages.
Social networks may sometimes be unavailable and we accept no responsibility for lack of service due to downtime or other events beyond our control.
Remember, your social network posts are not private and may be read by the general public. Weíll never ask you to post personal information or Astral Aspects account or security information on social networks and you should never do so. This includes private messaging, with the exception that we may on occasion ask you to provide your name and telephone number privately to allow us to help you further.
Astral Aspects accepts no responsibility for any personal data you post to social networks or websites. Social networks may store your personal data outside the EU. Please read their privacy policies carefully. We do not endorse any social networks or websites, nor do we endorse any information posted by users of social media networks or websites. We are only responsible for information posted on social networks and websites by Astral Aspects.
We cannot engage in issues of party politics or answer questions that break the rules of our Social network comments policy.
Social network comments policy
Where Astral Aspects is responsible for moderating social network comments, we reserve the right to ignore, remove, limit or suspend a comment or responses without prior notice if any of the following apply:
- It is offensive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or vulgar
- It can reasonably be considered as harassment of, insulting to, or likely to provoke or offend other people or organisations
- It includes any personal details or details of your or anyone else's Astral Aspects orders
- It is spam
- It could break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity
- It advertises or promotes products or services which are not connected to Astral Aspects business
- It includes material obtained in violation of copyright, in breach of a licence agreement or that may violate any intellectual property rights
- It could reasonably be expected to embarrass or compromise Astral Aspects (although comments that disagree with Astral Aspects are allowed)
- It could contravene, or condone or encourage a breach of the Computer Misuse Act.