CHAKRAS AND CRYSTAL HEALING
The following information on crystal healing is not meant to replace advice, diagnosis and/or treatment by a qualified medical practitioner. All comments and recommendations herein contained are derived from legend and lore, not from the authority of Astral Aspects, its officers, employees, or agents. No expressed or implied guarantee as to the effects of the uses of any crystal can be given nor liability taken.
Crystal Healing articles in this section:
1. The Chakras
2. How to cleanse and prepare your crystals for healing and meditation
3. How to use your crystals in healing and meditation
4. How to make Crystal Elixirs
Image © Astral Aspects
Crystals and gemstones suitable for stimulating and balancing the Stellar Gateway Chakra: Novaculite
Crystals and gemstones suitable for stimulating and balancing the Soul Star Chakra: Datolite, Novaculite, Stellar Beam Calcite, Tanzanite
Crystals and gemstones suitable for stimulating and balancing the Higher Crown Chakra: Amblygonite, Apophyllite, Azeztulite, Celestite, Kunzite, Muscovite, Novaculite, Petalite, Phenacite, Purple Siberian Quartz, Purpurite, Selenite, Stellar Beam Calcite
Crystals and gemstones suitable for stimulating and balancing the Crown Chakra: Amethyst, Charoite, Citrine, Diamonds, Lepidolite, Moonstone, White Opal
Crystals and gemstones suitable for stimulating and balancing the Soma Chakra: Aegirine, Ammolite, Annabergite, Blue Moonstone, Calligraphy Stone, Dumortierite, Hanksite, Natrolite, Nuummite
Crystals and gemstones suitable for stimulating and balancing the Third Eye Chakra: Amethyst, Charoite, Fluorite, Howlite, Iolite, Lapis Lazuli, Lepidolite, Merlinite, Rhyolite, Sodalite, Spectrolite
Crystals and gemstones suitable for stimulating and balancing the Past-Life Chakra: Blue Moonstone, Calligraphy Stone, Datolite, Dumortierite, Fiskenaesset Ruby, Hanksite, Nuummite
Crystals and gemstones suitable for stimulating and balancing the Throat Chakra: Amazonite, Amber, Angelite, Blue Chalcedony, Blue Opal, Blue Topaz, Hematite, Lepidolite, Sapphire
Crystals and gemstones suitable for stimulating and balancing the Higher Heart Chakra: Dioptase, Eilat Stone, Green Siberian Quartz, Kunzite, Tugtupite
Crystals and gemstones suitable for stimulating and balancing the Heart Chakra: Amazonite, Aqua Chalcedony, Aquamariney, Aventurine, Fluorite, Gaia Stone, Jade, Labradorite, Lepidolite, Moonstone, Opal/Opalite, Peridot, Rhodonite, Rose Quartz, Ruby, Tsavorite, Unakite
Crystals and gemstones suitable for stimulating and balancing the Spleen Chakra: Gaspeite, Greenlandite
Crystals and gemstones suitable for stimulating and balancing the Heart Seed Chakra: Tugtupite
Crystals and gemstones suitable for stimulating and balancing the Solar Plexus Chakra: Amber, Aventurine, Chalcedony, Citrine, Gold Tiger's Eye, Rhodonite, Rhyolite
Crystals and gemstones suitable for stimulating and balancing the Sacral Chakra: Aventurine, Bloodstone, Carnelian, Citrine, Gold Tiger's Eye, Moonstone, Orange Calcite, Shiva Lingham
Crystals and gemstones suitable for stimulating and balancing the Root Chakra: Black Agate, Bloodstone, Carnelian, Citrine, Gold Tiger's Eye, Hematite, Obsidian, Onyx, Rhodonite, Shiva Lingham, Smoky Quartz, Zebra Agate/Stone
Crystals and gemstones suitable for stimulating and balancing the Earth Chakra: Black Diopside, Dalmation Stone, Gaia Stone, Goethite, Hematite, Huebnerite, Limonite, Rhodonite, Obsidian, Smoky Quartz
Crystals and gemstones suitable for stimulating and balancing all the Chakras:: Chakra Crystals, Clear Quartz, Garnet, Red Jasper, Super Seven, Turquoise
Cleanse new crystals straightaway, particularly if you intend to use them for healing.
Cleansing is not a physical process - rather it is a spiritual ritual. In esoteric terms, crystals absorb and retransmit all energies with which they come into contact. In healing, crystals become receptive to emotional energies so cleansing your crystal back to a neutral state ensures that accumulated negative energies are not passed on. This process also re-energises the crystal and ensures that it functions at its highest level. Let your intuition be your guide: keep the intention in mind that you are clearing away all inappropriate energies and that you are working with purity of purpose.
The following are some different ways to cleanse, purify, re-energise and tune your crystals. Please note that as some crystals are sensitive to heat, light and/or water and some are toxic, not all methods will be suitable for all crystals.
It is important to tune your crystals directly after cleansing, purifying and dedicating. Remain in a relaxed alert state. Hold your crystal in one hand and place your other hand over it. Visualise an energy connection between you and the crystal (for example, a ray of white light). Decide on the crystal's purpose and then say out loud 'I intend this crystal to be an effective tool for … (e.g. healing, mediation, dream interpretation).'
* Before and after crystal healing sessions engage your mind while placing the crystals. Which visualisation images would be most inspiring for you?
* Clear the room of discharged negative energy after a session, using the same cleansing method you used to cleanse your crystals (see Preparing Your Crystals section).
* Wash your hands in cool running water directly afterwards to boost your body's beneficial negative ions.
* Re-cleanse your crystals straight after a session. It is easier to remember which crystals you used and ensures you don't forget this essential process altogether.
For healing to take place the Chakras must be balanced and in harmony. Use two single-terminated quartz crystals:- * Lie down and settle yourself comfortably.
* Place one of the crystals at your feet, with the point towards your head. Put the other crystal at the crown of your head with the terminated end pointing down.
* Take a few minutes to visualise your entire subtle energy system becoming harmonised and balanced.
* Be aware of any sensations of blockage or soreness.
* Ask your higher mind to indicate what the problem is and how to deal with it. Act on that intuitive guidance in a separate session with whichever additional crystals you need to use at that time.
Hold two single-terminated clear quartz crystals, one in each hand, while sitting upright on a chair with your feet firmly grounded. The terminated (pointed) ends of the crystals should be directed towards your body. This positive polarity directs energy from the universal field, distributing it throughout the subtle energy system. Breathe slowly and deeply, visualising the energy coursing through your body, leaving you feeling revitalised.
Lay comfortably on the floor and place a single-terminated quart crystal across your Solar Plexus Chakra, with the terminated end pointing upwards towards the Crown Chakra. Visualise the excess inappropriate energy being drawn out of your field and discharged into the universal field. Note: it is important to clear the room of dispersed negative energy after such a session.
Place Rose Quartz, Aventurine or Blue Lace Agate crystals on the affected area for 5 minutes. Create whatever visualisation image you feel is right. For sharp headaches, hold the crystals against your temples. For duller headaches lay with your head against a soft pillow and place a crystal at the back of your head at the point where the base of the skull meets the neck.
This technique can be used for sprained muscles, period pains, rheumatism or arthritis. Hold one single-terminated quartz crystal in your right (sending) hand with the pointed end towards the affected area for a few minutes and visualise a soothing image. If the pain is spread over a large area, cover the entire area with exaggerated stroking movements with the blunt (feminine) end of the crystal towards the area of pain. As the crystal comes away from the body, flick the crystal into the air to discharge negative energy.
The following crystals can be used for a full body layout:-
* At the Crown Chakra - Amethyst or Quartz to calm the mind, dissolve anxiety and absorb negativity
* On the Third Eye Chakra - Lapis Lazuli or Sodalite to increase spiritual awareness
* On the Throat Chakra - Blue Topaz or Aneglite to help self-expression
* On the Heart Chakra - Green Aventurine or Rose Quartz to centre you while inspiring independence, well-being and health
* On the Solar Plexus Chakra - Citrine or Gold Tiger's Eye for optimism and mental clarity
* On the Sacral Chakra - Carnelian or Orange Calcite to increase vitality and passion, and boost assertiveness
* On the Root Chakra - Red Jasper or Hematite to give a sense of balance to the spirit and to ground you physically and emotionally
* At the Earth Chakra (bottom of your feet) - Single-terminated Clear Quartz (with the terminated end pointing towards your body) to channel energy through the Chakras.
Focus on a positive satisfying and viable outcome for the future.
A Crystal Elixir is mineral water into which a crystal has been placed and has left the memory of its health-giving vibrations.
A basic method of producing such an Elixir is to place a specially tuned crystal in a jar or bowl of mineral water and leave it in a special places to absorb the rays of the Sun and Moon for at least 24 hours - this is the Direct Method. For crystals which are sensitive/porous to water or toxic, these should be placed in an empty jar which itself is placed in the bowl of water - this is the Indirect Method.
The resulting energised water is said to taste sweeter and fresher than the water normally would. To maintain the efficacy of the elixir when stored for any length of time, mix it with an alcohol such as brandy.
Elixirs can be consumed by putting a few drops under the tongue as required.
Most crystals are suitable for producing a Crystal Elixir. For example metallic crystals such as Hematite and Magnetite are good for grounding; Rose Quartz helps promote self-love and Amethyst enhances spirituality and contentment.